Name: Qingdao Museum 青岛市博物馆
Address: No 51, Meiling East Road, Laoshan district, Qingdao, Shandong province
Hours: 9:00 - 17:00 (1 May - 31 October, entry until 16:30);9:00 - 16:30 (1 November – 30 April, entry until 16:00)
Closed days: Closed on Mondays (except those fall on national holidays)
Admission fee: Admission is free. Visitors should bring valid documents to receive tickets, such as id card, senior person certificate, driving license, student card, or passport. A daily limit of 3,000 visitors.
Image from the official website of Qingdao Museum (http://www.qingdaomuseum.com/).
Qingdao Museum, occupying some 14,000 square meters, was founded in 1965 at the former site of the Red Swastika Society. It is a comprehensive topography museum of history and art.
The museum has as many as 160,000 historical and cultural artifacts, such as chinaware, bronze ware, jades, ancient coins, and oracle bones; 150 of them are classified as first level. There are also more than 4,000 calligraphy and painting works from the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and Qing Dynasty (1644-1911).